Khandeshi Mutton curry/ Lamb curry
- Half kg mutton/ lamb (with bones)
- 2 tsp Khandeshi masala ( if you are replacing the mutton with chicken, you may need less)
- Two onions
- Two tomatoes
- Two tsp garlic
- Two tsp ginger
- Three tbsp of dry coconut / or fresh coconut ( roast with very little oil for few mins on a pan/ tawa- take care not to burn it)
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Pinch of haldi / Turmeric
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Make a paste in the blender of onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic. Make a paste of the roasted coconut separately with little warm water. The paste should be reasonably smooth and the coconut pieces should be crushed and mixed well ( should not be grainy)
- Take two tbsps of oil and fry the onion, tomato, ginger and garlic paste in it. Cook this for about 15 mins(keep stirring) , add little warm water if required. This paste should not be raw so cook well.
- Add the coconut paste and mix. Then add the washed and cleaned mutton pieces along with khandeshi masala, red chilli powder, salt and haldi. Open cook in the pressure cooker for 5 mins , continuously stirring.
- Add warm water- enough the cover the mutton pieces. Pressure cook for about 10-15 mins on slow fire or until the meat is tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Rotiâ€™s or bread